iPhone XR Review

3/13/19

By Alyssa Barnes

The iPhone XR was released September 12, 2018. I had previously owned an iPhone 6 that had obtained quite the cracked screen. My battery would die within a few hours of use. I couldn’t hear people when I was talking to them on the phone unless I had them on speaker. I was grateful to have a phone at all of course, but I added “a cheap, used iPhone of any year” to my Christmas list. When Christmas  morning arrived and I opened up the box to an iPhone XR, I was baffled! Little did I know, this phone was more than just a slight upgrade from the iPhone 6.

Since owning my iPhone XR for nearly 3 months, I have learned to love and appreciate many of the features that it includes. For starters, it comes in many colors. Mine is blue, but it also comes in black, white, yellow, red and coral. The screen is very big. There is no “home button”. The absence of it took me a day or two to get used to, but at this point, I don’t even remember what it was like to have one!

My favorite part of this phone is the long lasting battery life. I first realized how awesome it truly is when I accidentally went to sleep without plugging my phone in. I woke up the next day and had to quickly get ready for school, and I didn’t even think about charging it then, or bringing a charger on the go with me. My phone battery must have been around 50% when I left the house, and although I was on it at school throughout the day, it didn’t die!

The camera quality on the XR is phenomenal. It is also water and splash resistant. This was great news to me, because I’ve lost a phone due to watching YouTube in the bathtub. Ha!

There is a feature that I dislike, which is the lack of a headphone jack. It comes with a pair of headphones that can be plugged into the charging port, but this turns into an issue when you want to listen to music and charge your phone at the same time. This is also a disadvantage for those who use AUX cords in the car.

Over all, I rate this phone a 9/10, and I would recommend!

You can find out more about the XR here, on the Apple website.